What is Fair Trade?
Fair Trade is a competitive business model that takes into account social values often disregarded in conventional business—one that builds equitable, long-term partnerships between consumers in developed nations and producers in developing regions.
- Paying a fair wage in the local context.
- Offering employees opportunities for advancement.
- Providing equal opportunities for all people, particularly the most disadvantaged.
- Engaging in environmentally sustainable practices.
- Being open to public accountability.
- Building long-term trade relationships.
- Providing healthy and safe working conditions within the local context.
- Providing financial and technical assistance to producers whenever possible.
Village Artisan offers 100% Fair Trade products...